Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Top 5 Most Popular Worm Colors According To The Manufacturers

We have all fished with plastic worms and have our own favorite colors but more and more the most popular worms seems to be the "natural" colors.
According to the manufacturers they sell more worms in these colors:
Watermelon-can be used in clear or stained water either one.
Pumpkin-used in moderately clear to stained water.
Junebug-stained water but has been used successfully by some pros in clear water. One of my favorites.
Red Shad-Stained water worm, when I had my tackle store I sold more of these than any other color.
Tequila Sunrise-Stained to muddy water and also great for night fishing.
A decade ago the metallic worms were the fad but now more and more anglers seem to be switching to the natural colors. The manufacturers say black and purple colored worms are selling less and less. I personally have caught most of my bass on a purple color worm.

While the top 5 color worms sell more I still say use the color you have had the best luck with and have the confidence using fishing the water you fish. Of course, try other colors from time to time as they might do a better job catching bass for you in the water you're fishing but always have the "Old Standby" as your confidence color. When I want to make sure that I catch bass in a lake I always use a plastic worm as an "old standby".
Plastic worms have still won more B.A.S.S. Tournaments than all the other lures put together.
Charles E. White has fished 50 years for bass from California to Florida. In his lifetime, it is estimated that he has caught over 6,000 bass. His biggest bass is a 12 pound 14 ounce that hangs on his wall in his office. His tips and techniques have helped many people who have never fished for bass before become successful anglers.
He also has fished with the Pros in Florida.
For more free bass fishing tips visit his website is at:
[http://www.bassfishingchronicle.com]
See my previous post: Top Five Tips For Choosing the Right Fly Fishing Vest