Sunday, February 27, 2011

Making Fishing Lures With the Right Tackle Making Tools

Making fishing lures with the right tackle making tools makes learning the hobby of tackle making a lot of more fun. It's true for any job when you think about it right? Use the right tool for the right job carries within it a lot of wisdom. It reminds me of how I learned this lesson in a couple different ways both of which apply to fishing.

I used to be really cheap when it came to fishing. I would head out with the cheapest rod and reel going to try my luck at landing the big one. Only to find that I spent more time messing with my equipment then I did actual fishing. Most of the time was spent unraveling tangled line in a fishing reel mishap where by the end of the day you're cursing your shoddy equipment at stealing your opportunity for a great fishing trip. Sound familiar? I best it does, I quickly learned if I wanted to improve my fishing I needed quality equipment.
The other lesson actually pertains to the subject of this article about tackle making. Back when I was a boy I used to marvel at all the lures in my tackle box and thought I would take a stab at making fishing lures. Well my first early attempts at lure making were disasters. Of course being just a young boy I didn't really have any tools nor did I know anything about tackle making but that never stops a young man at trying something he has his heart set on right?

My early wooden plugs were hand carved from some of my mothers broken broom handles and I painted them with my trusty car modeling tester paints. I remember the feeling of disappointment when I headed down to the water to try out my first wooden lure. It didn't wobble like any of my beautiful Rapala's and my paint job didn't last too long either. I think about 5 minutes into fishing the paint started peeling off and the lure landed up looking more like a wet soggy noodle then anything else.

Those 2 early lessons taught me a lot of using the right tool for the job and learning to make fishing lures is no different. Using the right tackle making tools will go along way for the beginner to turn out professional looking fishing lures. The good news is actually proper tackle making tools doesn't have to cost a lot of money. In fact a couple great tackle making books explain how you can make great tackle making tools with stuff most of us have lying around the house. Now that's good news for anyone looking to get started into this hobby.

For information about tackle making visit making fishing lures. There you can learn more great tips and information on how you can get started with the fun hobby of making homemade fishing lures.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tony_Bolton

See my previous post:Making Wooden Fishing Lures - Are Eyes On Lures Important?